February 2, 2013 by twodogjam
This is a simple recipe, modified from Dr Sandra Cabot’s ‘The Liver Cleansing Diet‘, so it’s a good one if you want to be eating a healthy option. Whether it’s good for your liver, I can’t say, but it is tasty. And you can vary the quantity of pasta for the number of people you’re feeding. But if you’re only feeding one, it’s worth making the amount below so that you have enough for a few meals.
- Spiralli or penne pasta for one/two
- 185 g can tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained if in brine
- ½ green or red capsicum, diced
- Small handful of chopped fresh basil leaves
- 400 g can drained cannellini beans
- ½ red (Spanish) onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of Tarragon Vinaigrette
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain cooked pasta and put into large bowl. Add enough tarragon vinaigrette so that pasta is well covered. Add all other ingredients to pasta and mix together well.
Can also add a punnet of red or yellow tomatoes, chopped into halves, if want to make the salad go a little further.